> Where within Protel does it check for double drill hits?
> I know that sometime in the past I have had this flagged when doing a
design

Brad,
Design Rules, Clearance rule, Add, oject kind , vias, set clearance to 0,
and use any net.   Somewhere in Protel's knowledge base item it is listed,
sorry I don't remember the item number.  But the Item number is almost
correct.   YOU MUST disable this rule after using it then run drcs again
with your other rules  or you will have manufacturing clearance violations.

Mike Reagan
EDSI