Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
#300 - 4401 Still Creek Drive,
Burnaby, B.C., Canada, V5C 6G9.
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
Website: www.norsat.com

-----Original Message-----
From: JaMi Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 5:11 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Cc: JaMi Smith
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Where does Protel check or flag double hits on
drills?

Brad,

When you set up your CAM outputs for your Gerbers in 99 SE, make sure
that you add the NC Drill option when you generate the files, and you
will get a file called "filename.DRR" (in your CAM Folder), which is
short ASCII NC Drill Report which will list the specifics about all of
your different Drill "Tools" (hole sizes, number of holes, etc), and
down at the bottom you will find a list of any duplicated holes along
with their x-y coordinates.

In Protel 98 I forget whether you get that file generated from the under
the "Reports" menu or whether you have to go to the second page of the
"layers" option (when "printing" your Gerbers) and check either "Drill
Drawing" or "Drill Plot" (can't remember since it's not in front of me).

There may be some other way of finding the duplicated holes, but that's
the way I do it, and I just make it a point to always check that ".DRR"
file before I ship the finals.

JaMi Smith
Optical Crossing Inc.