Thanks to Dennis Saputelli,   we were able to detect when the double hits
occurred at least while using Spectra with Protel. The only double hits I
experience now are on BGAs or parts that I previously fanned out in the in a
library.  A simple method to identify all of them is to route with a
different size via that was used either on either the BGAs or fanout parts.
The double hit vias will come back from Spectra with  third value hole size
which can be globally selected and all of them removed with several
keystrokes.

Thank You Dennis for the observation several months ago, I have used the tip
often in the past few months.

Mike Reagan