> It's an old saying that monopolies don't have to apologise to their
> customers. However, when competition does exist, it is a bad move to
> alienate your customers, and when competition doesn't exist (or is weak),
> bad attitudes can result in customers taking their complaints to a
> regulatory agency. And some times, in some places, these agencies kick
a***

And some times, in some places, these agencies kiss a**.  I am referring to
U.S. Dept. of Justice vs. Microsoft, of course.

And some times, in some places, the agencies kick a**, but the enforcee has
their a** covered with titanium/kevlar armor with case-hardened steel
spikes.  I am referring to the U.S. vs. Exxon Valdez case where the big
punitive fine was overtuned on appeal.  How much taxpayer money did the U.S.
gov't waste letting that one get overturned?

What's this got to do with Protel?  We should not rely solely on law or
threat of law enforcement to get what is fair.  As time goes on, governments
everywhere are becoming more and more hijacked by big business special
interests.  We users need to do what we can to protect ourselves from unfair
practices, because government action is always slow, expensive, and
unreliable.  That means demanding that software work properly, services
packs remain available, and seriously considering alternatives where they
exist.  Supporting each other when the software vendor ceases support.  And
making sure the software vendor knows what we think!

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com