On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 18:02:23 -0600, Jon Elson wrote:
>Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:
>

>Any comments on the level of support others have gotten?

I've called once and emailed a few times. The call was to inquire
whether Protel could do something I could do in Orcad or a
similar workaround in Protel98 (this was a few years ago). The
answer I got was essentially "No, Protel can't do that" and no
satisfactory workaround. They didn't seem particularly interested
in solving my problem and I'm not sure if my indirect "feature
request" was ever noted. On the other hand, after I joined this
list I did find a workaround for my problem from the excellent
information here.

My emails all seem to disappear into the same "black hole"  yours
do, Jon.

I haven't tried to contact tech support for over a year. I now
would only use Protel Tech Support as a last resort if I could
not get the answer here on the PEDA list. My own opinion is that
Protel is treating the product like "shrink-wrap" software in
terms of actual service delivered, but trying to sell the service
as "professional level" software. You can't have it both ways,
although a lot of companies seem to be trying these days.

Matt Pobursky
Maximum Performance Systems