At 04:16 PM 12/13/01 -0500, Brian Guralnick wrote:
>     Oddly enough, the first time I called for Protel support back with
> P98, the first
>thing they told me to do was join this list.  Q, Does Protel send my
>support dollars
>to maintain this group then?

Fortune smiled on you that day. Most users are not told.

As to support dollars, I prefer that Protel spend its dollars, or most of
them, on improving the software. Software development takes focused effort
and organization, it's not particularly practical for us to do that for
ourselves. Support we can do better than Protel. Division of labor, it
makes the world go around.

But we could have a much better arrangement. Will Altium recognize this? Or
will they limit themselves to thinking that was old by the twentieth
century? I know that there are people in the company who have some vision
and I suspect that there are some who do not; what I don't know is the
balance of power.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA