At 08:09 PM 12/20/01 -0500, Brian Guralnick wrote:
>It may look
>potentially bug prone, but I've learned to always do a "Preview Changes",
>then "Apply
>changes" instead of just "Execute" to help with the feeling that
>everything will get
>messed up.  After 2 to 3 times with a simple PCB, you will never want to
>the old ways.

Mr. Guralnick's process is recommended, particularly when only a few
changes are being made. It only takes a moment to look over a few macros
and confirm that everything looks okay.

>However, I have learned not to use the update with old PCB98 documents
>unless I have
>completely made sure that all of the old libs conform within my latest P99
>setup.

As far as I know, there is no problem with older designs if you don't allow
footprint updates. You might consider running update once without allowing
footprint changes, then run it again allowing it and see if any macros are
created....

Again, as far as I have seen, no changes are made unless a macro is created
and accepted. Another reason to get in the habit of previewing changes.
It's too easy to change a footprint and not notice it until a few hours
later when all the backups have been overwritten.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA