Hello, all:

Printer FYI:  I bought a Brother HL-1650 laser printer about a month ago.
So far it's been really good.  It duplexes (prints on both sides of the
paper) and has a bypass tray for envelopes, labels, etc.  W2K operation is
flawless so far, even with Protel.  The printer is networked on a Win95
print server (sorry, I'm not yet brave/smart enough to put printers on the
Linux server).  I had some initial difficulty with the Win9X drivers on
client machines, but this was just because the driver install was done over
the network.  There was also a more recent driver on the Brother website,
which I downloaded.  When I deleted the drivers from the clients and loaded
the drivers directly from each client instead of over the network, they
worked fine.  I would recommend this printer to anyone who wants a duplexing
laser printer and doesn't want to pay HP's high price ($800).  The Brother
printer was $500, and I got it on sale for $400.

I like the duplexing feature because this printer is also used to print
manuals and datasheets.  Yes, I print PDF datasheets!  I think electronic
documents are great, but I still like paper versions too.  The paperless
office - what a concept!

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.