Tony,
You could keep the schematic symbols separate and add alternate packages
that would have convenient origins to allow correct placement to mimic a
single package on the pwb. The schematic should make it clear that D1 is
related to SW1. If the single package is used you can blank the diode
reference designator. Problem? pick and place, BOM, extraneous lines on
assembly drawing....
John