Afshin Salehi wrote:

> Hello all,
>         I was wondering how I could have solder mask placed over all the via's on
> my PCB.  Is there a design rule for the via's that allow you to select
> solder mask options?  I saw a design rule for via size but not solder mask.
> All of my via's should be a different size than any pads so if it were
> necessary I am sure I could select them all and do a global change if that
> is the only way possible.  Some of my via's are placed so close to pads
> after a route that I am afraid of bridging occurring when the PCB is
> soldered.
>
> Thanks to everyone for your continued help.
>
> Afshin Salehi
> DPS Telecom

Afshin,

I'm not sure if there is a rule for that, but after you have your board
complete, you can do a global change (you actually don't have to go and manually
select all the vias) on the properties for the via - there is a tenting option.
Choose that and make sure it applies to all vias on the board.  Also, check the
print preview and/or the actual gerber outputs to make sure the solder mask
hasn't been applied over the vias.

Mike

--
Mike Pilawa - Critical Link, LLC