On 01:29 PM 24/01/2002 -0800, Afshin Salehi said:
>Hello all,
>         I was wondering how I could have solder mask placed over all the
> via's on
>my PCB.  Is there a design rule for the via's that allow you to select
>solder mask options?  I saw a design rule for via size but not solder mask.
>All of my via's should be a different size than any pads so if it were
>necessary I am sure I could select them all and do a global change if that
>is the only way possible.  Some of my via's are placed so close to pads
>after a route that I am afraid of bridging occurring when the PCB is
>soldered.
>
>Thanks to everyone for your continued help.
>
>Afshin Salehi
>DPS Telecom

You have two possible solutions:
1) Use a manufacturing design rule and set a sufficiently large negative
clearance to cover all your vias (If a via is say 24 mils then a negative
clearance of 12 mils or more is enough to tent it.  Apply the rule to only
vias or all through-hole pads or just in a region or ... scope it as you need.

2) Each vias has a solder mask tenting property - double click on a
via.  You can then use the global operation to change all the vias in one
go, or just selected vias, or just vias of a particular hole size .... as
you wish.

Ian Wilson