At 04:52 PM 2/13/2002 -0500, Brian Guralnick wrote:
>With regard to the Matrox G450,
>     There are occasional problems with the Matrox cards & Protel when
> they are not
>set to 32 bit color.  Especially when 1 display is 32 bit color and the
>other is 16
>bit.  Try avoiding any color modes other than 32 bit with the Matrox G4xx
>& G5xx
>series.

I've been using it at 16 bit without problems. If I am correct, the video
setup does not allow manual control over the secondary monitor resolution,
etc., at least not through Display Properties. One of my monitors will
handle 85 Hz refresh, and the other only 70. I suspect that the card sets
both to the highest rate that both cards will handle, but forget what
actually happened when I had the faster monitor as the primary display (it
is now secondary, and refresh rate is not directly accessible for it).

I've now switched to 32 bit, it also seems to work fine.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
Easthampton, Massachusetts USA