These errors are really only relates to when you use a lot of the desktop 2D
accelerated features.  Agreed, 16 bit is faster, even here, but not so much faster
enough that it is worth the potential headaches.  Under the mixed 16/32 bit modes, 32
bit on the left monitor, 16 bit on the right, I've seen an occasional crash with
Protel, Quartus & MS Excel.  Typically as one large window was being scrolled through
the 1/2 mix color depth modes.  The crash was a complete blue screen meltdown.  I
just recommend using 32 bit only with regard to dual screen usage.  I never had a
problem with 16 bit on 1 screen, or for gaming.

    On the other hand, I have yet to see a single blue screen of death with my
GF3/ATI Expert 128 - 2 video card system running Win2K.  Though, with windows
spanning over the 2 monitors, the Matrox is definitely smoother with regards to
scrolling.  As soon as the window ends up on my GF3 monitor, it runs circles around
the Matrox with regards to scrolling smoothness.

Brian Guralnick
Comedy clips:
ftp://ftp.point-lab.com/quartus/Public/MP3/Simpsons-FatFingers.mp3  -53K
ftp://ftp.point-lab.com/quartus/Public/MP3/Simpsons-Moe-LieDetector.mp3  -166K