From: Ian Wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, 20 February 2002 15:18
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PEDA] What does "printed circuit board" mean to you?

G'Day all,

I was having an email discussion the recently...

We use the term printed circuit board (or PCB) to describe the bare board
(no components fitted) and the term printed wiring assembly (PWA) for the
assembly (PCB + components).  Some of the younger colleagues around here
are comfortable with PCB and "assembled PCB" as meaing the board and the
board+components respectively.

(One of the older school here use the term PWB (printed wiring board)
interchangeably with PCB.  And PCA (printed wiring assembly)
interchangeably with PWA.  No guessing which industry he came from...)

How do others interpret the following terms?
PCB (printed circuit board)
PWA (printed wiring assembly)

What term(s) do you use for the assembled PCB?

Hooroo,
Ian Wilson

(Maybe the Topic Police will get cranky over this flagrant mis-use of
electrons but we can move to the OT list if it gets out of hand.)