Tony,
        that is good alright but sometimes I think that their demo databases
have been so tested during development that they have just taken out any of
the offending issues if they couldn't fix them quickly. I have always found
that the only way to test a CAD system is at least 4 - 5 designs from
scratch. Second step is to test 4 - 5 designs which worked fine in the last
version. This is not specifically aimed at Protel but CAD software in
general. Their canned databases are not to be trusted to show a real world
situation, they may just have all of the niggly bits removed during testing.
        Sounds like the new stuff has incorporated a lot of thought. Let's
hope that they didn't waste all that thought on just the fluffy pieces.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com

See us at Booth S8155 at NAB 2002 in Las Vegas April 8 - 11.