At 07:01 PM 3/28/2002 +1000, Don Ingram wrote:
>Strikes me that it would be so much easier if prottle ( on ALL of the
>system ) followed the usual windows convention of <shift>+LMB+drag to add to
>a selection & LMB+drag to set a selection.   This way you could reliably
>clear a selection by dragging on an empty space.

However, the Protel selection scheme is useful in other ways which require
that it have more permanence than that.

The problem here is that Protel gives no warning when objects are moved
outside the workspace, and DRC does not detect these objects. Both of these
should be fixed.

(Being able to temporarily move parts of a selection outside the workspace
can be useful as well, otherwise I'd suggest that it be impossible to
accomplish this. Having the ability to place a selection even when it
creates something outside gives more freedom in where one puts the
selection. I've used systems that did not allow this, and I prefer the
Protel way.)