dream on Phil
as a broker would say
"past performance is no guarantee of future performance .."

with that caveat stated let us recall the history of Protel

every so many years (4 or 5 ?) they start all over
the first releases of the new one are totally screwed
they fix it, they fix it, they do a minor start over then they
fix it and fix it until it is pretty good stuff and cruise for
a few years
repeat above cycle

as much as i wish and hope it might be otherwise:

it would be a reasonable prediction that DXP will offer no specific
resolutions of outstanding bugs
rather, they will have started over as it were and addressed wishes and
shortcomings
there will be new and different bugs because (as a totally
unsubstantiated and raw guess) they have left Delphi behind
there will be new methodologies shoved down our throats
we will kick and scream and then come to love at least some of them
if they remain a viable company and extract enough money from us they
will probably fix things

i am in line for a free upgrade due to a recent second license
i suspect that although i will toy with it i probably won't actually use
it for some time

wish me wrong

Dennis Saputelli