i started a thread earlier and did a lot of research on the feasibility
of writing out protel schematics as orcad schematics
(since you can read orcad schematics it seems like a reasonable
expectation doesn't it?)

the short answer is that you can't

the longer answer is as follows:
you can save as the older orcad sdt but this is probably not worthwhile
unless you have orcad libs with everything just as it was in the protel
libs

you cannot save as orcad dsn format, they just don't offer it

there are no translators available for love or money that i could find
after doing a fair bit of research

the EDIF process does not work at all, at least for me

if anybody can contradict any of the above and would care to tell us
about it i would be eager to hear about it

it would be most valuable to me to be able to save protel schematics out
as orcad dsn files since they are much more widely used than protel
schematics

Dennis Saputelli