> it would be most valuable to me to be able to save protel schematics out
> as orcad dsn files since they are much more widely used than protel
> schematics

Yeah, I have been wondering why that is.  Every time I see a "reference"
design for some chip, the schematics are in Orcad format, which I can't use.
So I have to create my part symbols from scratch.  Does Orcad still offer
the schematic tool separately?  If so, this could be why they have the big
slice of market share for schematic tools.

If Altium was really smart, they would offer a free version of the schematic
tool.  Since most of us uber-designers still need the PCB tool, this would
not cannibalize their sales of the full package.  It would probably boost
sales of it once the schematic-only people decide to start designing PCBs.
It would be almost zero cost on Altium's part to do this, since they have
already written the schematic tool.  Altium, are you listening?...

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com