> it. So, as a result of my ripping off OrCAD schematic, over $15,000
dollars
> was spent with them (also bought the PLD package). My advice to Protel -
> Make the schematic module non-copy protected, and wait a few years for the
> money to come back in!

Yes, and I'm quite sure that if the BSA piracy police had shown up during
that time and taken you away in handcuffs, everyone involved would be worse
off (***HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO***):

1)  You would have a criminal record which would adversely affect your life
(personal and professional)
2)  OrCAD would have received no money since they wouldn't have had
subsequent sales due to your advocacy
3)  You would have encouraged others to boycott OrCAD due to their fascist
enforcement policy.

I am not advocating software piracy, but merely pointing out that software
piracy is not usually as heinous as it is villified to be.  Those who pirate
a program probably could never have afforded to buy it anyway.  We all know
how poor students can be!  You can buy a LOT of beer and blank CD-Rs for the
price of OrCAD, Protel, etc.

So, Altium, how about that free schematic tool?  You'll be glad you did...

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com