yes dreams do get you where you want to be

i have no arguments with anything you say here

the following questions are in no way a defense of prottle

what do you mean by 'assertion error' ?

i do the board copy and paste frequently
once or twice it did go to lala land on the selection stage but it works
99% for me
i think it may be problematic if layers which have polygons are turned
off during a big window selection

when you say writing it out as orcad format, what exactly do you mean?
it won't write dsn files, do you mean SDT format ?
and that save copy as of a schem then trashed the DDB ?
due to the format?
yes that is pretty bad

knock on wood but i haven't had a ddb go bad yet
i do bring in current version Orcad schematics from time to time
(can't write them out though, they don't allow that.  i complained about
that and they said they would look into it for the DXP release)

recently i brought in some very old orcad sdt files, there were some
tricks getting the parts setup right in the cache
it crashed more than once, but it didn't hose any files
all in all it's close call whether it would be easier to just redraw it
all

Dennis Saputelli