From: Brian Guralnick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 11:55 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Auto-Pan patch <was> Speaking of Protel Bugs.

    For those of you who didn't figure it out:

  "My auto-pan patch is a FULLY FUNCTIONAL insult to Protel."

    All I did was place 2 or more "Always On Top" windows over Protel's display screen.

    This is why some people who have ATI & Matrox video cards, or any other
problematic brands, do not experience the lockup of the
mouse.  IT'S BECAUSE THEY HAVE 1 OR MORE TOOL BARS OVER THE PROTEL PCB WINDOW.  This
is IDENTICAL as having my 2 dummy windows, in
my pan patch, over your Protel screen.

    For years now, Protel has had issues with panning-mouse snagging, & if a fully
functional fix is to add a few small windows
always on top of Protel's display refresh area, then something fundamentally weird
with how Protel works within the system when
panning the screen.

    Perhaps at Protel, the panning issue never comes up, because, they always test
their software with the default tool applets
floating over the PCB work area.  I like to place my tool applets snapped along a
vertical, or horizontal border.  This does not
count since Protel doesn't have to draw beneath these tool windows.

Brian Guralnick
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice (514) 624-4003
Fax (514) 624-3631

* Tracking #: B0C3290BC137F3479C4593B4F98A11750D3D536F