From: Brian Guralnick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 1:33 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Auto-Pan patch <was> Speaking of Protel Bugs.

top in >my work area.  Each produced little or no change.

>Am I missing something, or is there detail somewhere else that I can be referred to?
>
>I assume we are talking about the problem when panning off the edge of the board and
>some buffer gets filled up producing a
'locked' condition >where the buffer has to be emptied before your mouse movement is
seen or responded to.  I made several remarks
how this could be remedied by >Protel during a discussion several years ago.

If you want, my patch is here, copy this link into your internet explorer address bar:
ftp://ftp.point-lab.com/quartus/Public/ProtelUsers/

Take the "ProtelAutopanPatch.zip" file.  Read the readme file inside the zip & look at
the example placement picture.

If you system is slow, the panning will become more chunky, but the mouse will never
get stuck when panning over a blank area of you
circuit board.

If your system is fast, there should be no change in the panning performance, except
that again, the mouse will no longer get stuck
at any time.

I you use just my horizontal patch & un-dock Protel's tolls so that the cover as much
vertical PCB area as possible on one side,
again, this should almost eliminate the sticking of the mouse pointer.

Brian Guralnick
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice (514) 624-4003
Fax (514) 624-3631

* Tracking #: 1DB48FDF90DBF346870B57753328F89E1C1884B8