I can see it now, you're probably one of those guys that sits clearly on one
side of the hardware/software fence and blames the 'other side' when there
is a problem. Since I happen to develop hardware AND software, I've seen it
happen too many times where I think the problem might be in hardware and it
turns out to be in software, or visa versa. There is no one to blame but
myself, but the point is sometimes assumptions lead to debugging the wrong
thing. One only finds out later what the true problem was and learns one of
the thought paths was completely wrong.

So you asked if I was qualified to talk about s/w issues with this topic.
What are your qualifications? Your earlier post mentioned 3 decades of PCB
design issues. Do you have any h/w or s/w design experience?