On Thu, 05 Sep 2002 02:48:33 +0100, I wrote:

>I like the PCB printer in 99SE, so I decide to find out what DXP has got
>instead.

And as you read some time ago found not much that I liked.

Playing some more today - investigating the inconsistent and irrational
user interface I stumbled across an "Output Jobs" item in the project menu.

Another long story I won't bother going into (also I don't really
understand how it is supposed to work) but, it looks like a PCB Project
does store a few pre-defined print outputs equivilent to 99SE's PCB Printer
documents. If you configure the print job from the project | output jobs
dialog then it does prompt to save the project before closing and the
configuration is retained. If you configure the print job from the file
menu while a PCB document is open then you are not prompted to save the
project and the configuration is lost. Maybe configuration in the project
is changed without the project being flagged as being modified, but then
you can change (and loose) these configurations with only a PCB file (no
project) loaded.

It looks like most of the functionality of 99SE's cam output documents is
provided the same way.

Cheers, Terry.

* Tracking #: 4388D7CA1E73CE46B5334EE6D5A565562D3A0B0A