Sometimes that's just not possible though.
I've recently finished a double sided PCB with allot of controlled impedance
tracks on one side widely spaced to prevent xtalk and to prevent arcing (its
a surge protection device) with a solid ground plane on the other side.

My board house has not complained (yet).

Tom.