Jami,

        Unbalanced copper is exactly what the conversation started on,
uneven distribution of Cu and spaces or gaps across the surface or area of
the PCB. I am not talking different Cu thicknesses.

        I am not trying to pick on you Jami, but I deal with numerous
fabricators on this very issue day in and day out. To achieve even and equal
etching one must have an even distribution of Cu and similar gaps or spaces
across a prescribed area. At least three others have answered your comments
with similar and like comments, nobody has stood up to defend your comments.
Seems like there is a consensus building.

        I might add that you may think that your boards are being controlled
and monitored for undercut but unless you are testing or specifically
ordering tests (cross-sections) to be performed , then you are probably not
getting what you think you are getting.

Sincerely,
Brad Velander.

Lead PCB Designer
Norsat International Inc.
Microwave Products
Tel   (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
Fax  (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.norsat.com
Norsat's Microwave Products Division has now achieved ISO 9001:2000
certification