On 08:26 PM 8/10/2002 -0700, JaMi Smith said:

> > I refer you to their capability page:
> > http://www.lintek.com.au/boa.htm
> >
> > Note the text "(Tolerance on track widths is +- 0.008mm or better
> > depending
> > on the design and uniformity of copper distribution.)"
> >

>Please note that they state "uniformity of copper distribution", which in
>most instances means the uniformity of copper thickness across the surface
>of the board, which is at least as big a problem as the one that we are
>discussing.

Rubbish - it means they can ensure better fine line quality and control
when there is an even density of copper over the board.  Nothing to do with
thickness.  I know these people well.  They do not make idle and confusing
statements.  In the PCB manufacturing industry everyone knows what is meant
by density and distribution.  You seem to be having some issues here with
this, as well as having a tendency to wish be Last-Word-JaMi.

Over an out on this from me.  We should all have taken it to the OT list
ages ago.  Getting silly now.

Ian