Julian,

See below,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julian Higginson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Protel EDA Forum'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 10:40 PM
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Antivirus Software & Memory Issues

~ ~ ~

> > 1. Should I install an anti-virus program?
> >
> I think so. You already own it, and have had it installed on your machine
> before. and its better to have protection on a machine than not these
days.

> If worst comes to worst you'll have to reinstall Windows again. but having
> just done it, you've probably got all your discs still out, so it won't
take
> that long.

Actually, it took the major part of a day, while I was working on another
system, since I also did all of the updates for Win2K (3 sp's and many
individual fixes) and IE5.5 (2 sp's and more fixes), which are slow
downloads even with DSL, and install the CD ROM drive, with long defrags in
between each major group of software (to keep everything clean and packed up
nice), and then finally Protel software (99SE  w sp6, camtastic, and DXP).

But I guess I can go thru it again if necessary.

> > 2. If so, which anti-virus software should I use?
> >
> The one you've already got.

I was considering buying another package that I could use on my other
systems, but I guess you are right, since I already own it, It is worth a
try.

Nothing to loose but time if it locks up.

Thanks

JaMi