> downloads even with DSL, and install the CD ROM drive, with long defrags
in
> between each major group of software (to keep everything clean and packed
up
> nice), and then finally Protel software (99SE  w sp6, camtastic, and DXP).

While we're on the subject, I don't bother with defrag.  It is mostly a
waste of time and puts your data at risk while the defragging operation is
in process.  I know some people who have their PCs set up to automatically
defrag each time they boot up.  I guess they don't care for quick booting!

You should use a UPS, and make sure it's battery is good, and it's not
overloaded.  Make sure your PC's power cannot fail during defragging...

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com