Bagotronix Tech Support wrote:

Ivan,

I thought all of that stuff (or at least most of it) was available from
the Microsoft Developers Network. and to be more specific, from their
Visual Studio, and particularly from the individual SDK's for the
different products.

Most of it is available through the MSDN, but you gotta pay for the yearly subscription. And it's expensive. And what about the undocumented API calls? If the Win32 API were fully and correctly documented, Wine would be nearly perfect. Remember what Microsoft did with DOS? "DOS isn't done until Lotus won't run". They did that with undocumented DOS calls.

BTW:  Wine is a Win32 emulator for Linux, which allows you to run Windows
program on Linux.  Theoretically :-(

I've never been able to get anything to run well on Wine.  And it's been
under continuous development for years.

If you really want to run Win32 programs under Linux, try VmWare! I have it
on 2 machines, using Win2000 Pro as the "guest" OS, and use P99SE, Xilinx Ise
and Bobcad (mechanical CAD/CAM) on it, and it is as flawless as Win2K will
allow it to be. VmWare is not free, but it is quite reasonable for the desktop
version.

Jon