05/01/2004 08:41:51, Edi Im Hof <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>You can place components and tracks under any footprint if you
have turned
>off the "Comonent Clearence Constraint" design rule.

The component clearance rule is so broken I always have it turned
off anyway...

>It's just a "bit" painful to move components under the large
components.
>Every time you pick a component, Protel shows a list to ask
which component
>you wish to move.

Not if you lock the big component, and set the "protect locked
objects" in tools -> preferences -> options
And, if the big component is so critical, it should be locked, to
avoid embarassment later...

Some way to convince Protel that I don't want to move those poxy
split plane vertices (or the planes themselves) unless I'm on that
layer would be very useful, though. Does DXP handle that
differently? Less annoyingly?

Steve