Dave

Very strange

The pasted free primitives should adopt the net names for the pads they are
dropped into, only exception I have came across is when the tracks or vias
are dropped onto a polygon or plane and seem to have adopted the polygon /
plane net instead of the pad itself.

I am working in Sweden just now, Ill be back in the UK on Thursday so I can
look more then, I always cleared planes & polygons before doing this.

Update free primitives from component pads wil only really work if the free
primitives have 'no net' in the first place.

Sorry for short reply.

John