At 02:40 PM 4/10/2004, John A. Ross [RSDTV] wrote:
It is a sad fact that Altium would prefer to listen to the 'few' than the
many as regards how their tools are now styled, viewed and the direction
that they have taken.

This brings us to a classic problem, that of the alleged "silent majority." Unless you actually survey a population, you don't really know what the population, as a whole thinks, and even polls and surveys can be problematic. Many people simply assume that the majority thinks the way they do. I think I have a solution.

By the few I mean the 'yes' men who will agree to anything from Altium that
betters their own needs [...]

Hmmm.... Isn't it normal for people to agree with something that "betters their own needs"?

It seems fairly clear that some users *like* DXP and others don't. The balance is far from clear.

Anyway, I'd like to see better communication between Altium and the users, and that is going to require a certain level of organization of the users. You can't communicate with someone who is incoherent, and there is no active mechanism which will allow the users to speak coherently. So there is just whatever happens to be written on the mailing lists, often by those who are disproportionally motivated to write (and I include myself in this) or whatever Altium privately gleans from isolated users (or, perhaps, determines more scientifically, I certainly don't know the extent or power of Altium's research in this area).

And I'm going to have to write about that on [EMAIL PROTECTED]