ABDU,

However, there might be a more direct way to accomplish the task. Is there
> any way to move the assembly lines to a different layer in PADS? I find it
> hard to believe that the import would automatically take *all* track and
> put it on the Silkscreen layer? Perhaps it was considered, when the import
> was written or done, that Assembly track might belong on the Silkscreen
> layer. Bad decision, but at least understandable....

I tried during the import to redirect the assembly info to the various
mechanical layers, it ignored me sans even a note and sent them to the top
silkscreen anyway. I was told the "why" is because the importer program was
targeted toward copper layers primarily.

I've read the manual and am still left scratching my
> head. It just doesn't stick. I'm sure if I did it every day, it would....

I still find myself flailing about
> whenever I want to do a global edit.

Yeah welcome to the club, you are not alone, once everything is working I
can see serious potential, However unless They bring back or inject the
option of doing the globals ala 99SE it will always be slower.

> As long as there is a way to distinguish the lines, such as by width, it
is
> not difficult at all to deal with an entire library at once. At least it
> was not difficult in 99SE. In DXP ... I still find myself flailing about
> whenever I want to do a global edit.

Doable but the point remains the extra work is not supposed to be
necessary!!!!

In 99SE, I never even had to read the
> manual....

It was very intuitive, P2004 isn't