Achim Patzner:
> Am 28.09.2016 um 10:06 schrieb Drew White:
>>> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/windows-appvms/
>>> "Before proceeding with the installation we need to disable Windows
>>> mechanism that allows only signed drivers to be installed, because
>>> currently (beta releases) the drivers we provide as part of the Windows
>>> Tools are not digitally signed with a publicly recognizable certificate."
>> Still doesn't answer that question either.
>>
>> I said "hi devs" because I needed someone with the knowledge of WHY, not
>> just an end user reason, but a dev description that is technical.
>
> Which part of "we don't provide signed drivers so if you want to run
> them you have to turn that requirement off" needs a developer to make
> you understand it and what kind of LART do you expect said developer to
> use for beating some sense into you? It's clear, it's precise and unless
> you need a translation into another language there is not much anyone
> could do for you. Please keep the developers doing something more
> important than correcting your refusal to accept facts.
>

> Achim

It occurs to me that although I've re-routed messages from Drew to
/dev/null for quite a while (thus saving me from reading that drivel), I
didn't do so for messages that reply to him.  I think I'm actually okay
with that oversight, as now I get to enjoy reading 3 different people
explaining to him why his messages are the type of message that resulted
in me null-routing him, but I don't have to subject myself to reading
whatever replies he comes up with.

(On that note -- kudos to the 3 of you who managed to reply to him,
explaining in reasonable detail why he's off base, without losing your
sanity.  Quite impressive.)

Cheers,
-Jeremy