RE: You can use resedit to make retrospect recognize other media. I back up to disk
images all the time.  Ask tech support for the fix or if you can't get it I have it
archived away somewhere.

>Retrospect doesn't seem to want to recognize the disk as a removable media, which it
>isn't.  I also tried creating a bunch of DiskCopy disk images, but Retrospect ignores
>those as well.  I decided to create a whole bunch of backup file sets.  Tedious, but
>it works.

*               Apple Solution Expert Member                *
*                Apple Product Professional                 *
*          Apple Developer Connection Select Member         *
* Thomas Myers,                  | MAILTO:[EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* ITA,Inc.                       |    *
* 1250 Scottsville Road, Ste 2   | Phone: (716) 328-7380    *
* Rochester, New York 14624-5757 | FAX:   (716) 328-8269    *