Hello retro,
    This is my first posting here.  I am hoping a solution can be found
here.
my problem is in regards to backing up to a Macintosh File.

Our System:
    AppleShare IP Mac Server
    OS9 w/512 MB ram
    Duel Processor G4
    3/75 gig HFS+ HD's with two in a R1
    Retro 4.3
    68 gig Backup (USB) HFS+ hard drive.

My Problem:
    I have had trouble with our server "bombing" while backup is taking
place.  More specifically when the Macintosh file reaches it's two gig
limit.
I am not sure what is going on.  I have spoken with retrospect a couple
of
times and they told me about the back up drive needing to be HFS+ and
the
version needing to be 4.3.  I have done these both and the back-ups
still stop
at 2 gigs.  I am wondering if it could just be the USB drive technology.

Apple System Profiler treats the connection (extension) to the USB drive
as
a PCI expansion.  Could this be interfering with the back-up?  I shut
down
the Web and File sharing before back up takes place so I don't think it
is a
ASIP/Retro problem.  (especially since it stops at 2 gigs.)  I have
turned off
temporary memory and placed an alias of retro in the start up folder in
efforts
to allocate memory to retro before the other apps. to alleviate memory
conflicts.
I think that worked.  However, I don't know why I am stopping at 2 gigs.

is there some preference that I don't know about?   Thanks in advance
for your help. - D

-- Donovan D. Brooke
Systems Administrator/
Assc. Art Director