Hello David,

Are you referring to the total amount of data copied during that session? Or
to the total amount of data in that backup set in total? The first figure is
reported in the log just above the performance; I've marked a suggestion on
your behalf for an option to display that information in the log as well.

I've also added your suggestion about tape capacity as well, though one of
the reasons that this isn't already a feature is that the figures can vary
so greatly due to compression, performance and hardware that the estimates
are often very misleading. You do have option to check media while a backup
isn't running, but during the operation this information is unavailable.

I have logged your suggestions; thanks for the feedback.

Irena Solomon
Dantz Technical Support
Try our new Searchable Knowledgebase at: