Just a thought- as I understand the problem, you are trying to backup to a
hard drive rather than to tape of removable right? and the file that is
getting to be too big is the file that Retrospect is writing, right? So
here's possible workaround that I haven't tried, but it makes sense so it
might work:

Try partitioning the drive into segments <2GB, and then define all of the
partitions within Retrospect as members of the backup set. If my
assumptions about the way Retrospect works are correct, then it will fill
up each one in turn and the files will not get over the 2GB limit imposed
by ASIP.

As I said, I haven't tried this, so it's really a guess. Does anyone see
any reason why this wouldn't work?

Good Luck!

--Ben

"Dan O'Donnell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 12/15/2000 10:29:21 AM

Please respond to "retro-talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>