On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 15:59:42 -0500
Ted Felix <t...@tedfelix.com> wrote:

>On 11/20/19 10:56 AM, Will Godfrey wrote:
>> There was one thing that grabbed my attention. That was when you say Zyn
>> uses a
>> lot of CPU when idling.
>>
>> I very much doubt that.
>
>   I'm looking right at it.  I see an idling fluidsynth using 1%, jackd
>(which is never idling) using 2%, and an idling zynaddsubfx (3.0.3)
>using 35% cpu.
>
>   Yoshimi 1.5.6 uses 20% cpu when idling.
>
>Ted.

Well I'm astonished!

Exactly what setup have you got there if you don't mind me asking?

I've just tried building with no compiler optimisation, and it's still idling at
less than 0.5% However, that's DSP load I'm monitoring. If I include the GUI
(in it's own low priority thread), that goes up to about 3%

This is on a 3.1GHz dual core Intel.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk