> On May 11, 2019, at 06:13, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.pa...@consulintel.es> 
> wrote:
> 
> Just to make it clear. Do you believe that the PDP update is out of the scope?
>  
No

> I think that the PDP is not related to resource management, but the 
> “self-management” of the way the community discusses the resource management 
> and agree on the way it should be managed.

The pdp is absolutely related to the management of resources in that it is the 
process by which we develop those policies. 

> And for me as more we restrict the wording, more risks to wrongly get things 
> that today are in-scope, to be left out.

Agreed. However, in my view, your proposal is not less restrictive, just more 
verbose. 

Owen

> 
> Regards,
> Jordi
> 
>  
> 
>  
>  
> El 11/5/19 1:27, "Owen DeLong" <o...@delong.com> escribió:
>  
> That’s not more generic, Jordi, it’s just more words.
>  
> There’s nothing within the scope of the policy manual or its updates that 
> doesn’t relate to the management and use of internet address resources.
>  
> Owen
>  
> 
> 
> On May 10, 2019, at 09:30 , JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.pa...@consulintel.es> 
> wrote:
>  
> Hi Paul, all,
>  
> I feel that this proposed charter is not good enough.
>  
> Let me try to explain it.
>  
> In RIPE we have a WG for every kind of “topic”, for example, addressing, 
> abuse, routing, etc. The PDP updates are discussed in the “plenary” (we have 
> recent small update and this was not really clear).
>  
> However, in all the other regions, all the “topics” are within the same 
> “unique” WG. There is an exception for ARIN (if I’m correct) where the PDP is 
> not part of this “policy discussion group”.
>  
> The proposed charter, may fail to cover for example the PDP update, but I 
> feel there are many other topics that may be in the future in the same 
> situation.
>  
> So why not something more generic in the line of:
> “The Policy SIG charter is to develop policies which relate to the management 
> and use of Internet address resources within the Asia Pacific region, 
> including any topics under the scope of the Policy manual or updates of it”.
> 
> Regards,
> Jordi
> 
>  
> 
>  
>  
> El 9/5/19 23:51, "Paul Wilson" <sig-policy-boun...@lists.apnic.net en nombre 
> de pwil...@apnic.net> escribió:
>  
> Dear Sumon and all,
> To reduce confusion over ISP/LIR/etc terminology, perhaps the charter could 
> be stated more simply, along these lines:
> “The Policy SIG charter is to develop policies which relate to the management 
> and use of Internet address resources within the Asia Pacific region. …”
>  
> My 2c, with best regards,
>  
> ________________________________________________________________________
> Paul Wilson, Director-General, APNIC d...@apnic.net
> http://www.apnic.net @apnicdg
> On 9 May 2019, at 19:53, Sumon Ahmed Sabir wrote:
>  
> Thank you very much Aftab and Owen for your constructive feedback. We will 
> definitely consider those views.
>  
> If any one has any different perspective please jump in and share your 
> thoughts.
>  
> Sincerely,
>  
> Sumon
>  
>   
>  
> On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 10:52 AM Owen DeLong <o...@delong.com> wrote:
> Aftab, I think you misread the proposed language. 
>  
> First, neither the current version nor the proposed version refer to members 
> at all, but to the actions of the APNIC, NIRs, and ISPs. The one change I 
> think should be made there is to replace ISPs with LIRs since not all LIRs 
> are technically ISPs, though that is certainly the most common case.
>  
> As to your “not limited to” or “services related to resources”, I fail to see 
> how that is not addressed by the proposed “…and related services”.
>  
> I support the language proposed by Sumon whether or not he chooses to take my 
> NIR suggestion.
>  
> Owen
>  
> 
> 
> 
> On May 5, 2019, at 03:21 , Aftab Siddiqui <aftab.siddi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  
> Thanks Sumon bhai for the initiative, 
>  
> <nitpik>
> Revised text suggest that all members/resource holders in APNIC are ISPs 
> only, I would suggest to make it "APNIC and NIR members or resource holders 
> in Asia Pacific region". Because not all members are resource holders.
>  
> Secondly, when you start mentioning topics in the charter then it may create 
> confusion moving forward that only these topics can be covered so how about 
> adding "not limited to" or "services related to resources" or something like 
> that. 
> </nitpik>
>  
>  
> Regards,
> 
> Aftab A. Siddiqui
>  
>  
> On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 4:31 PM Sumon Ahmed Sabir <sasa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Members,
> 
> 
> 
> In the last APNIC meeting in Daejoan there was a discussion that there is a 
> perception 
> That Policy SIG discusses only about “Address Policy”. On the other hand 
> there is a understanding 
> that Policy SIG covers a wider range of registry issues, RPKI or any other 
> topics that requires a
> procedures and rules. 
> 
> 
> 
> To avoid confusion and to bring clarity in the Policy Charter few proposals 
> came in. That either we can change the Name of the Policy SIG to cover wider 
> range or to amend the Policy-SIG Charter to bring clarity about the scope of 
> Policy SIG.
> 
> 
> 
> After discussions chairs feels that we can make some changes in the SIG 
> Charter to bring clarity:
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Current SIG Charter https://www.apnic.net/community/policy/policy-sig/ says:
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ‘The Policy SIG charter is to develop policies and procedures which relate to 
> the management and 
> use of Internet address resources by APNIC, NIRs, and ISPs within the Asia 
> Pacific region.”
> 
> 
> 
> And here is the possible changes proposed:
> 
> 
> 
>  “The Policy SIG charter is to develop policies which relate to the 
> management and use of Internet  address resources by APNIC, NIRs, and ISPs 
> within the Asia Pacific region.  These include policies for resource 
> allocation, recovery and transfer, and for resource registration within 
> whois, reverse DNS, RPKI and related services.”
> 
> 
> 
> Please share your views, comments or suggestions in this regard.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Sincerely,
> 
> 
> 
> Sumon, Bertrand and Ching-Heng
> Chairs, Policy-SIG
> *              sig-policy:  APNIC SIG on resource management policy           
> *
> _______________________________________________
> sig-policy mailing list
> sig-policy@lists.apnic.net
> https://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy
> *              sig-policy:  APNIC SIG on resource management policy           
> *
> _______________________________________________
> sig-policy mailing list
> sig-policy@lists.apnic.net
> https://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy
>  
> * sig-policy: APNIC SIG on resource management policy *
> _______________________________________________
> sig-policy mailing list
> sig-policy@lists.apnic.net
> https://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy
> * sig-policy: APNIC SIG on resource management policy * 
> _______________________________________________ sig-policy mailing list 
> sig-policy@lists.apnic.net 
> https://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy
> 
> **********************************************
> IPv4 is over
> Are you ready for the new Internet ?
> http://www.theipv6company.com
> The IPv6 Company
> 
> This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or 
> confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the 
> individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure, 
> copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if 
> partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be 
> considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware 
> that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this 
> information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly 
> prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the 
> original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.
> 
> *              sig-policy:  APNIC SIG on resource management policy           
> *
> _______________________________________________
> sig-policy mailing list
> sig-policy@lists.apnic.net
> https://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy
>  
> 
> **********************************************
> IPv4 is over
> Are you ready for the new Internet ?
> http://www.theipv6company.com
> The IPv6 Company
> 
> This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or 
> confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the 
> individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure, 
> copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if 
> partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be 
> considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware 
> that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this 
> information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly 
> prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the 
> original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.
> 
*              sig-policy:  APNIC SIG on resource management policy           *
_______________________________________________
sig-policy mailing list
sig-policy@lists.apnic.net
https://mailman.apnic.net/mailman/listinfo/sig-policy

Reply via email to