Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:
Mon, 09 Feb 2009 16:45:49 -0600, /Lemuel Johnson/:

That's at best poorly written code. They've included the search text input field *inside* the text label for the input field, i.e.,

It should be:

I don't know where you get that information. Input fields are just fine nested in a label. The label is implicitly associated with the form field and there's no need for 'id' and 'for' attributes that way <http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#edef-LABEL>:

To associate a label with another control implicitly, the control element must be within the contents of the LABEL element. In this case, the LABEL may only contain one control element. The label itself may be positioned before or after the associated control.

I'm quite familiar with the standard. My interpretation is that you can use the explicit for/id method *or* the implicit method without the for/id. Using both clearly confuses a certain browser near to our hearts and is, IMHO, poorly written code.

But we digress...

lj