The problem is - I tried just now to create a test message, but it
looked proper when I sent it.  Then I looked back in my sent folder.
Out of 6 messages I sent today, one was garbled, the other 5 looked
fine.  I don't know how to reproduce the problem on demand as it is
intermittent.  But the most common problem is that paragraph breaks
are reduced to a single NewLine.  Look through your sent box and I'm
sure you'll find one or two with this issue.

Also - regardless of whether it does the text conversion properly.
Shouldn't -I- decide whether I want the recipient to see  nice, clean,
variable-width-text HTML or ugly plain text?  I like my Email to look
sharp.

Shutting off the option seems like an harmless change.
/j