I agree that, for any message, if you take select Options -> Format ->
send as Rich Text.  It will travel as HTML. My request is a way to
make this the default (i.e., override AutoDetect as the default in
Options -> Format).  I will now send you an email that, even though is
composed as HTML, and Sent as HTML (as per the options in Preferences
- Send Format), you will receive as plain text.

/j