googl...@kwcpa.com wrote:
Yes - putting stuff in every message that forces the converter to say
"send in HTML" is a common workaround that a lot of people do (see the
original thread I referenced at the top of this one).  Having a fancy
HTML signature also works as a workaround.

In fact, it looks like the workarounds are going to be the solution
because no one wants to make things right.  Has anyone looked through
their own sent folder to see if all their converted multi-paragraph
non-HTML messages converted properly?  THAT's your test case.  I have
not been able to figure out why it does paragraph breaks correctly
sometimes and not others, that doesn't meant there isn't a
deterministic problem, I just can't identify it.

However, that's not the point.  The point is that I want my Email to
be read in HTML when I send it in HTML.  If I use a proportional font
I want the reader to see a proportional font, etc.

If you post and say "Since -one- (only one) of the reasons you want to
do this is to fix a bug you can reproduce, we're going to ignore all
the other reasons" then your religion is showing.  Sad thing that 8-}

/j

Spammers would love it if the author could pre-determine how the recipient reads email. The fact is, the author has little or NO control over how the recipient will read his messages.

Some programs (Pine comes to mind) don't read HTML at all, they are plain text only. Most modern email or news programs can display either plain text or HTML, but at the recipients decision. Mozilla products allow you a choice even in HTML, original HTML or simple HTML.

There is no means of you ensuring anyone to read it the way you intended, they will read it in the means they have preset their email (or news or even web browser) to display.

That may be plain text, html, simple html, html with javascript, without javascript, with their choice of fonts (or not), in colour or in black or white, the choice is up to the reader, the recipient, NOT the author.

Only send HTML to those who have requested such.