The date and time was Monday, March 30, 2009 2:25:55 PM, and on a whim, googl...@kwcpa.com pounded out on the keyboard:

On Mar 30, 5:12 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<peter.potamus.the.purple.hi...@gmail.com> wrote:
googl...@kwcpa.com wrote:
Sorry - i'm viewing on the web where all prior messages show up, I was
trying to be space efficient.
not everyone is viewing this group on google groups.
Some of us are using the mozilla newsgroup and others
are using the mailing lists

Yeah - I got that now
"If you choose to send in HTML then it wont be converted, it will be
sent as html."
This is a false statement.
again, others have asked that you email them an html
message and then we'll go from there, and so far you
have failed to do that.

I'm happy to send a message to anyone.  just supply the email
 True statement:  "If you choose to send in
HTML, and there is nothing in your message that warrants HTML, SM will
convertto plaintextand send plaintext".
maybe it is and maybe its not

Actually, it is.  There doesn't seem to be any dispute about this
statement in this thread (until now). The debate is whether this is
the single, correct behavior.
This is a well-established fact.  I am asking that the auto-conversion
be optional, so that your original statement becomes the truth.
we've heard you many times.  Stop harping about it and
file a bug:https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/and request
for such an item

Did so long ago
--

We did some testing on this some time back and found that Moz clients require at least one HTML element to send as HTML (10-07-08 in MTMM). It can be done by creating a Template to use for your email and then insert a simple HTML code in body using the HTML Editor (Insert, HTML for TB).

Or configure your sig file as HTML.

Terry R.