jnmayer wrote:
Hi!

I'm helping a friend of mine. Until now he was using the old mozilla
suite... (argh!). I just installed Seamonkey 1.1.18 and have some
little problems when I'm sending mails with attachements. Also
installed on this computer is the latest GData Antivirus software
which scans outgoing mails.

So now when I send a mail with a large attachement, seamonkey takes
some time sending the mail. But in the end the mail is not sent and I
get an error message (smtp server error). When I turn off the email
check in GData Antivirus everything works just fine.

My friend is a little bit paranoid about computer viruses and wants to
ckeck outgoing mails. So what can be done to solve this problem? Is it
a known problem? As I said before, he was using the old mozilla which
did not have this problem at all.

You said:
> the old mozilla which
> did not have this problem at all.
Perhaps that GData Antivirus was not able to check an outgoing mail whne sent by the "old mozilla" ...

Anyway, stop checking what's outgoing ... just check the inputs ...
If you don't have an infected file reaching your computer, you cannot send one.