On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Ray Jones <crawlz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 14:57 -0500, Ian Clarke wrote:
> > And this is the problem.  If you admit that you don't understand the
> > issues then why express any opinion at all until you do?
>
> Because as I began learning about internet safety and security, js has
> been at the top of the list as the devil in disguise. My vote was, "No,
> but plead your case as to why it's needed and ask again."

And my vote is to ignore the votes of people who can't be bothered to inform
themselves before expressing an opinion on a subject.

What?!? You want to add js so that we can have a cutesy interface?!?

No, a usable interface.

> Tell me how js is going to improve the functionality.

It will improve functionality by making Freenet easier for newbies to use
it.

> Tell me how it's
> going to fix the "backed off" problem.

It won't, that's not its purpose.

> Tell me how it will keep 1/4 of
> my files from having to be re-downloaded because of an internal error.

It won't, that's not its purpose.

> Tell me how it's going to help me get more than a 100kB/s throughput.

It won't, that's not its purpose.

> You want to improve the INTERFACE?

Correct.

Ian.