> We are considering making it impossible to use Freenet without a browser
> supporting Javascript.

Why?

> Yes or no answers would be useful

No (way).

> (feel free to make further comments).

Javascript is the No 1 security hole in browsers - show me ONE exploit
that does not at least require JS, let alone those originating from it.

Why should I allow JS for completely anonymous posted freesites?

Actually, if I where a malware developer, I would start salivating as
soon as a "JS required" freenet goes online - great way to test my
newest creations, complete with feedback via mailing list etc, and no
risk of being caught.

IMHO, all that freenet is intended for can be done in HTML 4, and
therefore it should stick to that!